Categories:

New Teacher: Bella Congdon

Bella Congdon - ELD teacher
Bella Congdon – ELD teacher
Lana Kim

With the threat of Covid reduced, many international students have returned to Mid-Pacific. This is good news for Bella Congdon,  a new full-time ELD (English Learning Department) teacher.

After working in the position from 2018 to 2022, she left for a year due to the lack of international students during Covid. However, she has made her return this school year.

“I came back to Mid-Pacific because it was a good fit for me. I was really drawn to the motto ‘innovators, artists, and individuals.'” Congdan said. “I am also into [Mid-Pacific’s]  project based learning- for example, MPX.”

Originally from Taiwan and trilingual, Congdon has an educational background of teaching English Literature and TESOL  (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).

Congdon feels at home working at Mid-Pacific and aspires to help her students feel the same.

“My biggest values of being a teacher is being caring, planning lessons, and centering my classes around my students,” Congdon said.

After educating in both the United States and Taiwan, Congdon has observed a noticeable contrast in teaching styles.

“In Taiwan, the focus is more on the teacher, [whereas at]  Mid-Pacific, the focus is more on the students,” Congdon said.

Congdon’s favorite thing about being an ELD teacher is that she is able to travel around the world in a classroom. Sharing anything culture wise about backgrounds especially piques her interest.

During her free time, Congdon enjoys free-diving and reading.

View Story Comments
Print this Story