Students made memories at 24K Magic Tour

Abigail Yagi

Students collected memories and ticket stubs from Bruno Mars.

Angelina Shaw, Staff Writer

Many Mid-Pacific students filled Aloha Stadium to capture Bruno Mars live in concert when his 24k Magic World Tour hit Honolulu on Nov. 8, 10 and 11. 

Born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, Mars has a special connection to the state.

Students were raging about the three concerts he was performing at and the amount of fun they had. Students said they spent a lot of money to see him perform, but don’t regret any of it. 

“The second night I bought tickets on StubHub with my own money and bought 2 tickets for $700,” said 12th-grade Kylie Rdechor.

By the end of the night many students said their wallets were empty due to the costs of the tickets, transportation, and merchandise. 

“I spent $1,000 on T-shirts,” said 11th-grade Alex Heim. 

The closer the seats to the Grammy-award winner, the more expensive the tickets were but it makes the experience that much better. 

“It was perfect because I had floor seats the second night which was better than the first concert which were father away,” said Rdechor.

The main talk around campus is about the concert and how it impacted and changed several  lives for the better. 

“It was worth every penny and it was amazing and the best night of my life,” said Rdechor.

Many students agreed it was a once in a lifetime experience and they wouldn’t have changed anything. 

“It was so incredible and worth everything,” said 9th-grade Roxie Bass.

Many of Mid-Pacific’s teachers and staff went to the concerts as well and had nothing but good things to say about their experience. 

“It was hands down the best concert I have ever been to, and my husband felt the exact same way,” said history teacher, Kaile Berlenbach.

The first show sold out very quickly so Mars made the plan to have a second show. But he wanted to reward locals with a fair access to his show so he only allowed Hawaii residents to purchase tickets for the first 48 hours of being on sale. 

The only difficult thing that some people faced was the large crowds and the stress of finding parking. 

“Every anxiety that I had was parking and food but it was worth it,” said Lorna Chang, the administrative assistant to the high school principal. 

Overall, students and mid-pacific staff had a life changing experience that many will never forget.  

“It was good, and I would go again if I had the chance,” said 11th-grade Scott Ushijima.